Over the past weekend, Theo pushed out another fairly big update to TASMOTA with some interesting new additions.
- Language file support for:-
- Addition of “rules”, to enable local, logical control of devices based on various inputs (so, for instance, a self-contained thermostat application can now be implemented internally on the Sonoff module, without requiring support via MQTT or other external methods).
- Addition of KNX UDP protocol support to enable integration of Sonoffs into building automation projects.
- The re-addition of variable support for MQTT client/topic values, using the ESP chip-ID.
- Addition of a new, optional OTA upgrade method to allow for a PlatformIO-type “push” of large binaries (up to ~700kB) without requiring the use of a local web server.
- Addition of support for hardware and software serial bridging (text only).
- Addition of support for the Zengge ZJ-WF017-A PWM LED strip controller (ESP12S based).
- Addition of support for the SGP30 air quality sensor.
- Addition of sunrise/sunset option for scheduling (by geographical location).
As well as all of these new additions, there are a whole host of fixes and updates to existing features. Definitely worth checking this one out!