- Addition of support for the Arilux AL-LC01 RGB LED controller.
- Addition of support for the Magic Home RGBW LED controller.
- Addition of support for the KMC 70011 Power Monitoring Smart Plug.
- Addition of support for the VEML6070 I2C Ultra Violet sensor.
- Addition of support for ‘inverted’ PWM.
- Addition of support for the Luani HVIO (230v dual power control) board.
- Addition of sea-level pressure calculation and a new ‘altitude’ command.
- Addition of support for up to 8 relays (possible new product hint?).
- Fixes for timezone and southern hemisphere STD/DST times.
- Fix for a large flash erase issue.
- Fix for ‘all-off’ issue when SaveState is inactive.
- Fix for a pressure calculation issue with some BMP sensors.
…and lots more (check out the _releasenotes.ino file in the sonoff directory for the full listing).
The second release, 5.9.1, on the 7th of Nov, doesn’t have quite so many updates, but does add functionality to make addition of external sensors even easier and also adds support for the ADS1115 I2C AtoD chip, which a lot of people are going to find very useful.
That’s just a short round-up (I have no idea where Theo gets the time to do all of this magic …he must type at the speed of light) and, as already mentioned above, there are a lot more changes and fixes in there, so I’d recommend that you stroll over to GitHub and pull the latest version (it’s almost guaranteed to have even newer additions by the time you get there).